Please select a newsletter from the following list –
- (2017 - 18) 04 - 24 MAY 18 (9.2 MiB)
- (2017 - 18) 05 - 19 JULY 18 (Pages 1-3) (5.5 MiB)
- (2017 - 18) 05 - 19 JULY 18 (Pages 4-6) (5.1 MiB)
- (2017 - 18) 05 - 19 JULY 18 (Pages 7-9) (4.9 MiB)
- (2018 - 19) 01 - 26 OCT 18 (4.7 MiB)
- (2018 - 19) 02 - 21 DEC 18 (5.5 MiB)
- (2018 - 19) 03 - 15 FEB 19 (5.1 MiB)
- (2018 - 19) 04 - 12 APR 19 (5.9 MiB)
Snow Procedures – Parwich Primary School
I need to remind you about what to do in the event of snow!
The decision to close school is never taken lightly; several factors dictate such measures, the health and safety of our children and staff is a priority, given the remote setting of the village.
The decision is made through discussion with our Chair of Governors.
If it snows overnight, please tune into BBC Radio Derby (104.5 FM), or Ashbourne Radio (96.7 FM) to hear if school is closed.
We also send an email to Derbyshire County Council School Closures and to those parents registered on our school email database.
If you hear nothing, assume school is open and we will expect your child as normal.
It is more difficult when it starts snowing during the day. Usually some of our parents, who live out of the village or high up, give us some warning that things are getting bad. Once a decision is made to send children home, we will contact you by email and/or phone, then you or a representative must come and collect the children.
Please make sure that your details held here at school are up to date. In these days of voicemail and answer phones, it has become more difficult for us to contact parents quickly. Please make sure, you tell us how we can get hold of you quickly.