Cooked meals are provided in the school’s kitchen and as from September 2018 the cost for all junior aged children (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) is £2.10 per day. Payment for the week’s meals should be made on Monday. If school is not open on a Monday or your child is absent, payment should be made on the first day of the week that your child attends. It is also possible to pay for each half term; the amount is published in the school newsletter. For more information on school meals go to www.myschoollunch.co.uk/derbyshire.
Children are also allowed to bring packed lunches to eat during lunchtime. Please ensure that these are securely packed and marked with the child’s name. It is expected that children will have either packed lunches or school meals on a regular basis and not alternate between the two as this makes organisation of the kitchen difficult. If you wish to change to or from school lunches please give a week’s written notice.
The eating of snacks and sweets at break-times is not permitted.
Universal Free School Meals
As I am sure you are all aware from September 2014 all infant aged children (Reception, Years 1 and 2) will receive their midday school meal free of charge. The Catering Service assure us that this will be the exact same high standard, nutritionally based and balanced meal served throughout the majority of primary schools in Derbyshire.
For more information please visit the Children Food Trust website: http://www.childrensfoodtrust.org.uk/childrens-food-trust/parents/your-childs-food-at-school/school-meals/free-school-meals/
Free School Meals
Could your children be entitled to free school meals? If you are on the following benefits you will be able to claim a meal for your children:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s AllowanceIncome-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit* and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- *You can get this help if you get Working Tax Credit and you are in the four week ‘run-on’ period where your WTC is due to stop because you have stopped work or reduced your hours
- Universal Credit (NB this benefit is only just being introduced in Derbyshire − see our Universal Credit information).
You can’t get free school meals if you are claiming Working Tax Credit.
Alternatively ask the school office for a form or phone the free school meals team on 01629 536481.
School Lunch Procedures
Each child’s lunch has to be ordered at the kitchen by 10am.
Any child going home unexpectedly after this time and before lunch has to be charged for the meal which has been ordered regardless of whether they have taken it or not.
If you know your child is being picked up for an appointment and will be absent at lunchtime please inform the class teacher by 9am so we can amend the dinner register accordingly.
Thank you for your support.