Home   Admissions Procedure

Admissions Procedure

Derbyshire County Council is responsible for Parwich Primary School admissions, you can find information about the process at:


Applying for a primary or infant school place forĀ 2019
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 they will be eligible to start school in September 2019. You should apply for their infant/primary school place by 15 January 2019. You will be able to make your application from 9am on 13 NovemberĀ 2018. Further information will be available on the Derbyshire County Council site at that time. (see above link)

Admission Policy

The admission criteria is as follows:

Priority will be given to:

  • cared for children
  • siblings of children who will still be attending the school on entry
  • shortest distance from the school (based on a reasonable walking distance)

Changing school at other times
You may want to apply for your child to change schools other than when they are due to start primary, junior or secondary education. This could be because of a change of address.
You can do this online at any time of year and DCC have added guidance in the changing schools section to help you through the process.
If you live outside of Derbyshire you should apply through your home council even if you want to apply for a place at a Derbyshire school. You can find your home council through the Directgov website (opens in a new window).

Please remember…
You have a legal right to express a preference for which school you want your child to go to. This isn’t the same as being able to choose.
Where you have told us of a preference for a particular school and there are places we’ll try to offer you a place at that school.
However, there is no automatic right to a place at a particular school and it may not always be possible to offer a place at your preference.
You have the right to appeal where you’re unhappy with the offer made and this can be done online. See the information on the secondary appeals or primary and junior appeals web pages.