At Parwich, we have an active School Council.
They meet on a regular basis to discuss improvements that children can make to the school, plan ways of raising funds, discuss how as a school we can be outstanding, canvass ideas from staff and pupils and act on these.
Children in Need 2021
With the support of School Council, the Chair created an innovative way of raising funds to help children less fortunate. They came up with the idea of choosing Pudsey Bear's middle name and held a Non-Uniform Day. At £1 an entry, Parwich Primary children raised a super £82.40. The winning name was Evan. Pudsey Evan Bear is enjoying his time at his new home. Thank you to all who entered.
School Council Update - November 2021
The School Council has been meeting each Thursday lunchtime since September.
We have completed the following actions:
- Elected members from Years 1, 2 & 3;
- Read the new School Improvement Plan (SIP) and identified our role in improving the school and how to achieve this;
- After canvasing all the children in the school, we named the elephant, which was adopted last year. Their name is Star.
- Produced and distributed a safety questionnaire to all pupils. The results will be shared in an assembly and sent to the governing body.
- The treasurer checked the school council funds; we have £47.50. We discussed purchasing a bug hotel or asking for local donations of pallets to make our own. Watch this space!
- We reviewed the Child-Friendly Anti-Bullying Policy ready to send for approval at the Full Governor's Meeting.
School Council Representatives 2021 - 2022
School Council 2020- 2021
Election of new members.
Creation of School Council's Keeping you safe in school questionnaire.
Researched and discussed adopting an animal. Settled on blue whale.
Discussed and finalised Fundraising Ideas.
Named Blue Whale ready for adoption.
Discussed keeping safe questionnaire results. HP Gave feedback from Governors.
Produced Art work for School Council Sale to raise money.
They photographed a sign of Spring in the school gardens and printed their photographs leaving a plank panel down the middle. This space was filled with a watercolour wash and ball point pen drawing.
Art Sale posters displayed around the village.
Sold Art work.
Received personal email about adopting sea turtle. School council made the decision to change from adopting a whale to adopting a turtle.
Used funds from the Art sale to adopt turtle.
The children chose a name for the turtle by putting suggestions in a hat and drawing one out. The turtle has been named Tiny.